- All school nutrition professionals who are members of SNA, in addition to special supporters of school nutrition, are eligible for nomination.
- In a given year, a school nutrition professional may be nominated and judged for both Silver Star Award and the Golden Star Award, but may win in only one category, with the Golden Star Award taking precedence.
- While director nominees are limited to receiving one Silver Star Award during their careers as directors, they are also eligible to receive the Golden Star Award.
- Career changes may make past FAME Award winners eligible to receive different FAME Awards. Past FAME Award winners are not eligible to receive the same award.
- All winners must be in good standing with the industry.
Employees of the sponsoring companies and/or their agencies are not eligible.
Any one nominator may only nominate two (2) unique nominees in a single nomination period.
- Selection committee and sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any nominee or winner.