FAME 2020 Nomination Instructions and Questions
Deadline – October 04, 2019
Once you’ve matched your nominee’s accomplishments with the appropriate award, use the questions provided with each award to create an achievement summary. This is what the FAME selection committee will use to determine the winners.
Remember to access the web-based nomination form for each award on the FAME Award website (www.fameawards.net). Please be concise in your responses. Limit each response to 4,500 characters (approximately 500 words).
Additional materials, such as article clippings, samples, videos, etc., will not be accepted.
Golden Director of the Year
- Describe three of your nominee’s most outstanding leadership skills.
- How has your nominee bettered the lives of children in his/her district?
- In what ways does your nominee show dedication to school nutrition?
- Give specific examples of your nominee’s innovation in management/systems.
- Highlight your nominee’s career awards and industry involvement.
- Describe your nominee’s most outstanding leadership skill.
- Give an example of how your nominee demonstrated commitment to their school nutrition pro-gram or profession (include measurable results achieved).
- Give an example of a fiscal achievement accomplished by your nominee (include specific financial results such as end-of-year fund balance or other financial indicator).
- Describe how your nominee delivers innovative menu solutions despite labor and equipment obstacles.
- Describe how your nominee demonstrates a high level of professional commitment to school nutrition programs.
- Give an example of how your nominee has made a difference for people in their school community (Include measurable results achieved).
- Give an example of an innovative program (e.g. marketing, training, customer service) implemented by your nominee (Include measurable results achieved).
- Describe how your nominee contributes to high morale of work associates and/or professional colleagues.
Rising Star Award
- Explain the marked changes in the district’s school nutrition program due to contributions made by your nominee in the five or fewer years he/she has been the director (give exact number of years of experience).
- Describe the most significant program modification made by your nominee (include measurable results achieved).
- Describe your nominee’s professional background and how he/she entered the school nutrition profession.